What are the applications of horizontal grinders?
Vermeer horizontal grinders are offered in multiple configurations to suit right-of-way clearing, municipal recycling, biofuel, composting operations and more. Vermeer horizontal grinders feature remote-controlled operation, our exclusive SmartGrind feed system and the patented Vermeer Duplex Drum.
Features across our range of tracked and truck-drawn horizontal grinders include:
- Control panel with set and custom modes (for droop etc). Readout of alerts on both panel and remote
- Full control via radio remote enables one person to feed and operate
- Heavy-duty cooling and filtration systems with alerts prevents overheating and contaimonattion issues. Reversible hydraulically operated cooling fan for clearing radiator blockages eg dusty conditions
- Magnetic end roller that captures ferrous metals, useful for applications like grinding pallets
- Easily accessed replaceable wear plates throughout the machine reduce the need for major overhauls
- The Vermeer Duplex drum with Blade mill or hammer mill options; hammer runs through drum so balance is never an issue Central locking shaft easily accessed and can be removed via included slide hammer.
- No reduction on infeed and lower anvil position improves efficiency.
- Longer feed bed means easier feeding less chance of damage, height means it can be fed with smaller machines
- Wide poly chain belt rated beyond machine hp (aka gilmer drive), toothed belt = no slippage (vs multiple v-belt)
- Easy access to change screens and a range of screen configurations make Vermeer horizontal grinders incredibly versatile.
- Chain is closed which reduces material catching/dragging around chain, which is particularly relevant when chipping the palm trees commonly found in Australian conditions