A clear view of the work in progress, tilting cutter-drums, heavy-duty motors and excellent cutting depths and widths, combined with Vermeer reliability and support, make the T1255 unit is ideal for your surface-mining, highway removal, over-burden removal, site preparation, and soil remediation projects.
Top down cutting produces larger product size with less fines, or more usable product. It allows more horsepower to go towards cutting the rock and less into moving the tractor, resulting in greater productivity.
The patented drum tilt system allows the machine to control grade in both the lateral and longitudinal directions in a single pass. This gives the Terrain Leveler the ability to take on jobs that were not possible in the past. The tilt also offers the ability to utilize laser or GPS for grade control.
A cutter drum that is wider than the tractor allows a vertical wall to be cut. In mining applications, this allows more product to be excavated with the Vermeer T1255 Terrain Leveler.
On-board Dust Suppression System by Vermeer
Vermeer’s range of T1255 Terrain Leveler™ Surface Miners are compatible with the On-board Dust Suppression System by Vermeer. This additional feature is a must-have for all hard-rock and tunnelling job sites as it increases productivity and reduces overhead costs. The On-board Dust Suppression System by Vermeer:
- Is hydraulically driven and features and left and right unit, which become part of the machine.
- Reduces the need for an external power source or operator which in turn reduces the amount of diesel consumption, emissions and labour costs.
- Uses a baghouse filtration system which requires minimal maintenance which will save time and costs.
- Features superior manoeuvrability which means you can continue to work in confined or closed-in spaces.
- Is also compatible with the T1255 Chain Drive Surface Miner which means you can use this system while cutting high walls.