2019 Vermeer Arbor Seminar Series – Sydney
Date(s) - August 23rd - August 24th
8:00 am - 3:00 pm
Join internationally recognised trainer Joe Harris and some of the country’s most renowned SRT climbers as we explore the equipment, climbing systems and techniques required to safely and efficiently use Stationary Rope Technique (SRT) to access, and work, in trees. This seminar will present the most up-to-date tricks and techniques, along with showcasing the latest gear so you can learn to complete fast and energy-efficient ascends and descend along a single rope.
This year’s one-day format offers a morning theory session followed by an afternoon practical climbing session to put these new techniques into practice. Coffee, morning tea and lunch is provided.
Key training outcomes will include:
- An introduction to Stationary Rope Technique: what is it and why should you use it?
- Assembling safe and efficient climbing systems for ascent and work positioning.
- Smooth climbing with SRT systems: how to get the most advantage without any of the disadvantages
- Tree work strategies to get the most benefit from your SRT climbing system
Make sure to bring your harness, PPE and any bits and pieces you want to try out with some of the new kit.
Registrations for the 2019 Vermeer Arbor Seminar Series are now open. This year we have several options to reserve a place for you and your team:
- Complete and submit the online registration form below and we will contact you for payment;
- Click here to download a PDF registration form you can complete and email to us; or
- Simply contact your local Vermeer Australia dealer on 1300 VERMEER (1300 8376337) to register over the phone.